All Boarding for Random House!

I was recently introduced to what might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. My best friend in the whole world met a man who has quite the reputation in the historical fiction world. He accidentaly came upon three of my chapters that I had sent my friend, and when he started reading them, he was apparently glued. He asked for more as soon as I could manage it and is offering to show the first finished project to his own publisher. Its not a promise or anything concrete... But still.

But my major issue is focus. I get caught up in other things. College, friends, boyfriend, what have you. So my friend suggested I start a blog where I help keep myself focused on my writing. Post updates or tips to myself. Maybe publish some bits of the manuscript this man read and liked so much, see if other people like it too.

This is my ticket aboard the Random House Express!! ... Not as good as the Hogwarts Express, but I shall take it!!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Prayers

The man who offered to help me publish my novel had a major heart attack last night.  I don't even care about him being my ticket into the published world.  He's a good man, a friend of Skyler's family, and I don't believe its his time to die yet.  I'm asking for anyone who reads this post, anyone at all, to please pray for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment