All Boarding for Random House!

I was recently introduced to what might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. My best friend in the whole world met a man who has quite the reputation in the historical fiction world. He accidentaly came upon three of my chapters that I had sent my friend, and when he started reading them, he was apparently glued. He asked for more as soon as I could manage it and is offering to show the first finished project to his own publisher. Its not a promise or anything concrete... But still.

But my major issue is focus. I get caught up in other things. College, friends, boyfriend, what have you. So my friend suggested I start a blog where I help keep myself focused on my writing. Post updates or tips to myself. Maybe publish some bits of the manuscript this man read and liked so much, see if other people like it too.

This is my ticket aboard the Random House Express!! ... Not as good as the Hogwarts Express, but I shall take it!!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Woman in Black

Saw it last night with some friends from my college's theatre department.  After starring in the play as the Woman, I was super excited to find out they were making a film version of it.  The whole theatre was going to go in a big group, but in the end it was just about ten of us.  Still, I had fun with them.  The theatre was actually pretty crowded considering how tiny our town is.  Everyone was excited to see the movie.  And it was f-ing CREEPY.  You could always kind of tell when she was going to come in or appear or when something bad was going to happen, but it still sent shivers up and down my spine and I was NOT the only person who screamed at several points.  I didn't sleep hardly at all last night because of it.  And yet I'm TOTALLY up for going to see it again with my sorority bit and her suitemates.

Not to mention, the film has actually rather inspired me for writing and stuff.  Funny how fear can be channeled into our favorite things, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment